Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Published & New Camera



Look familiar? Yup, that's my photo, published for the first time! Click it for a full view. And as you might notice Dylan wrote the article it accompanies.

After some hurdles and roadblocks, my new camera, the Canon 5D, is in my possession and working beautifully. I can already see the improvement from the D40. It'll take me a little while to get a handle on this beast of a camera because it is quite larger than the D40 and set up very differently (just about reversed in some ways). But with Thanksgiving break coming up I'll have time to spend with it and the manual and you should start seeing a steady stream of photos coming through. If you're going to the drag show (which you absolutely should - this Friday November 21st, 8-11pm , more info on facebook) then you'll see me flitting about with it.

To get an idea of the 5D's power and capabilities, check out these photos which were all taken with it.

Here's what I've snapped so far today -




Nothing terribly impressive because my head still feels half dead from being sick, but I'm excited. In the bottom one you can see my reflection in the bottom left corner :P

I'll be organizing shoots after thanksgiving break, so keep your eyes peeled if you want to model.

No comments: